Insurance Company Partners
Most people apparently think that "any" insurance agent can get them a quote from "any" insurance company.
Insurance carriers choose which insurance agents or brokers they will offer to do business with based on several criteria such as:
- an agency's reputation in the community
- an agency's financial viability
- the integrity of the agency's owners and management
- the volume of business an agency can bring to the insurer
- the agency's expertise and knowledge in niche markets
Conversely, a good insurance agency will seek out insurers that meet our criteria of an insurer with which we wish to do business...such as:
- the financial strength and claims paying ability of the insurer
- the longevity and consistency of the insurer
- whether the insurer is international, national, or regional in scope
- the quality and breadth of the coverage programs offered
- the knowledge and ease of doing business with their underwriters
- our ability to directly access the insurer's top management
To that end, Horizon Agency and the following insurers have partnered to create the large stable of insurers from which we can select in seeking out the best possible combination of price, coverage, and claims paying ability.
The following are among the major insurers HORIZON AGENCY currently represents:
Allied Insurance Co.
American Compensation (“RTW”)
Ameritas Investment Corp
Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Cincinnati Insurance Co.
Delta Dental of MN
EMC Insurance Co.
EyeMed Vision Care
Federal Kemper Life
Guide One Insurance Co.
Hanover Insurance Co.
Hartford Steam Boiler
Indiana Insurance Co.
Lincoln Financial Insurance Group
The Midland Mutual
Minnesota Mutual Life
One Beacon Insurance Co.
Philadelphia Insurance Co.
Principal Financial Group
Progressive Insurance Co.
Prudential Insurance Co.
Secura Insurance Co.
Selective Ins. Co
State Auto Insurance Co.
State Fund Mutual
Union Central Life
United Health Care
UNUM- Provident Insurance Co.
VSP-Vision Service Plan
West Bend Mutual
…and many others